Search This Blog

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Tutorial: Exaggerated Ombré Wings

I recently did an exaggerated ombré liner on my monolids.

monolid makeup tutorial

If you like the look, here's the tutorial:

monolid makeup tutorial, single eyelid tutorial



  1. Apply tape. I made an exaggerated wider angle  since that's the look I'm going for.
  2. Create a wing with a white liner on the inner half and a black liner on the outer half. I'm using NYX Jumbo Eye Pencils in Milk & Slate here. I'm doing this so there's even more gradient when I apply the eyeshadows. Don't worry if it's messy, we'll fix it later.
  3. Blend the eyeliners.
  4. I'm using all Müse eyeshadows, but you can just pick any colour that works for you. Apply the orange eyeshadow on the inner half, stopping before the blended black part of the line.
  5. Apply the red eyeshadow on the rest of the line and blend.
  6. Blend in a gold eyeshadow on the inner corner of your eye.
  7. Blend in a black eyeshadow on the tip of the wings.
  8. Dip a q-tip in eye make up remover, and clean up the wings, creating a very crips line.
  9. Remove tape, apply mascara, do brows and tra-dah!




5 comments:

  1. I had never thought of using tape for my eyeliner! Im trying that today :D

    http://cathairs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny thing is I just created a blend of natural ingredients that help with puffy eye lids. Which is not exactly hooded eye lids. Hooded eyes can be corrected with a eye surgeon. For those of us(myself included) with somewhat puffy eye lids due to consuming too many salty foods, drinks and process foods- we have this https://www.etsy.com/shop/RaphaSkinWellness a new eye gel that actually works(shown before and after photos) on the facebook page.

    ReplyDelete