Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pretty & Polished July 2014 Box

My Pretty & Polished July 2014 subscription box arrived! 

The blue stuff is a salt soak.
Close up of nail art

Here's swatches of the nail polishes:

Sorry about the cuticles!
From left to right: Bioluminescence, Hubble Trouble, Nova Say Nova, Mintable


Bioluminescence is supposed to glow-in-the dark, but I can't get it to glow at all. Any tips? Maybe working in an office means I don't get enough UV rays to make it glow?

Hubble Trouble was really hard to build up & a bit streaky, so my swatch is a bit messy. I only needed 2 coats for the other polishes, but needed 5 to get that opacity. Maybe it's meant to be worn over another colour. Here's a swatch of one coat over white:

Nova Say Nova is my favourite. This multichrome polish goes from purple, maroon to copper! Gorgeous!

Wow...
Holy shift!
More shiftiness..

Anyway, these boxes are amazing and so definitely worth it (view June's box here). The problem I have now is that I have too many nail polishes. XD

No comments:

Post a Comment