Search This Blog

Friday, March 13, 2015

Samples Challenge Day 8.

Background: I noticed that lately, my indie eyeshadow samples are not getting enough love, simply because it's easier for me to reach for tubs. So I decided to challenge myself to use them more often. Everyday, I pick 2 eyeshadow samples randomly out of my collection without looking, and I have to use them. I can add other products in, but the 2 colours have to be the main part of the look.

Surprisingly today was the first day my boyfriend noticed my make up has been getting....weird. I got Notoriously Morbid's Young Merlin (swatch here) and Eccentric Cosmetics' Time to Dream (swatch here), and according to him, silver and brown just doesn't go together.



I have to kinda agree with him there, I really had to go crazy blending to make this combination work. 
monolid make up smokey eye

Both are also muted colours and look kinda blah together, so I added a touch of lime green to brighten to look up. This look is all done over Eccentric Cosmetics' primer only.
monolid make up


Full face! The lips is a "frankenlipstick" I made with several lip colours & eyeshadows I own.


monolid make up

monolid make up




2 comments: