Search This Blog

Friday, April 24, 2015

Beauty Trick: How To Create Crisp Lines On Glitter Adhesives

As you guys know, I think glitter adhesives are awesome. The problem is that you can't blend out the edges of it at all:







....and erasing mistakes lead to an eraser dust-like remains like this:




Now the 2nd one is a bit of a problem for me, since my favourite look is the lazy ombré where I blend messily & erase everything to create the line:


Tutorial for this look here.

Some time ago, /u/seashells15 mentioned this one weird trick to help erase glitter adhesives cleanly:

I have more experimentation to do before I can call this a true success, but I think I might have a lead on blending out that sharp line of demarcation you sometimes get at the edge of your Pixie Epoxy. I recently tried rubbing over that line with a damp, dense brush (I think it was a smudge brush) and actually got some results. My completely unsubstantiated theory is the damp brush diluted the Pixie Epoxy enough to smooth out the edge, but who knows! Has anyone else tried this before?

I decided to give it a try and guess what? It works!

I just dampened my brush and swiped!

Check out how neat my wings are now!



Unfortunately, no, this trick doesn't work for blending out the edges.



TL;DR: Use water to erase glitter glue cleanly to create crisp lines, but this trick doesn't work for blending out edges.

No comments:

Post a Comment