Search This Blog

Monday, April 6, 2015

Samples Challenge Day 14.

Background: I noticed that lately, my indie eyeshadow samples are not getting enough love, simply because it's easier for me to reach for tubs. So I decided to challenge myself to use them more often. Everyday, I pick 2 eyeshadow samples randomly out of my collection without looking, and I have to use them. I can add other products in, but the 2 colours have to be the main part of the look.


So today I got Beauty For The Win's Thoughts Are Stars (swatches here) & Backstreets Makeup Co's Deoch-an-Dorus (swatches here). Deoch-an-Dorus is one of my favourite colours and I actually got a full size of it! As you can see from the swatches, it looks amazing over primer alone. The problem is Thoughts Are Stars –it only looks good over glitter glue. Over primer, it's just a boring, slightly shimmery black, and the silver, granite-like shift doesn't appear unless it's over glitter glue.



I decided to go with something a bit more dramatic this time, because Deoch-an-Dorus is awesome and I need to use a lot of it.


This was over glitter glue too.


I think fully-lined eyes are not too flattering on monolids, but maybe I still need to find my own style. I should work on this sorts of looks more often.



The lip colour is Life's Entropy's Tundra mixed with a bit of Tilt Shift's Galactic.

No comments:

Post a Comment