Search This Blog

Monday, October 5, 2015

Swatches & Recommendation: Swatches of 15 Limnit Shades!

On July 7, I got the most awesome surprise for me in the mail!


Trina from Limnit sent me 16 lipstick samples to swatch!

I accidentally got 2 Castle In the Sky though, so the swatches are for 15 colours only.

Limnit is a brand I've tried before, and you can find my previous review here. I love Limnit –not only do they have really gorgeous, bright colours, Trina is so awesome customer service-wise, and always responds so quickly to my questions. I usually get a respond within a day, and sometimes even within a few hours! 

Anyway, Trina had just reformulated her lipsticks, so I was really excited to try out her new formula. I actually wanted to publish this exactly 3 months since I received the package, but I have a business trip tomorrow so I'm publishing it a day early. 

Lipstick Formula Review


In my previous review, I mentioned the lipsticks hardening with time to the point where they were almost impossible to use. That's why I decided to delay this review by 3 months, just to make sure this new formula will survive the test of time. Guess what? It did! 3 months in, the lipsticks are just as creamy and smooth as they were before! I did the arm swatches on Oct 3, and they were still a dream to apply. And yes, they're very pigmented. 

The formula doesn't feather so you can use these without a lip liner. They're not drying on me and I found them really comfortable to use. They do fade around the middle of my lips after about 2-3h, but that's normal lipstick performance on me. 

Non-traditional lip colours like greens and blues are a true test of a lipstick's formula since any streakiness shows up pretty easily. Almost all of Limnit's colours passed this test with flying colours. The only colour I had an issue with was Between The Lines, which was very "oily" in texture so I had trouble getting an even application and building it up. Flower Maze has a similar issue, but to a much, much lesser extent. It's only one (or two, if you count Flower Maze) out of 17, so I think it's just a bad batch. 

I noticed Freestyle, Olive My Love, and The Other Side has a softer texture than the rest & melts more easily, but it didn't really make much of a difference to me application-wise. 

Overall, I'm extremely impressed with the formula and strongly recommend this brand!


Swatches

All done under natural light over bare skin:

Ms President, Punk'in, The Fuchsia is now, Swept Away, Racin Carnation, Petal to the Metal, Castle in the Sky, extraterrestrial, bewitching hour, deepest taupes and dreams, flower maze, freestyle, olive my love, the other side, between the lines

Btw, I made a typo that I only caught now after I've copy & pasted the text on ALL the swatch pics. 
-__-

My phone's white balance went crazy with some colours for the lip close ups. I've tried to colour correct as much as I can:

Ms President, Punk'in, The Fuchsia is now, Swept Away, Racin Carnation, Petal to the Metal, Castle in the Sky, extraterrestrial, bewitching hour, deepest taupes and dreams, flower maze, freestyle, olive my love, the other side, between the lines

Full face for more accurate white balance:

Ms President, Punk'in, The Fuchsia is now, Swept Away, Racin Carnation, Petal to the Metal, Castle in the Sky, extraterrestrial, bewitching hour, deepest taupes and dreams, flower maze, freestyle, olive my love, the other side, between the lines

Oh, and I think Extraterrestial is going to be the IT colour for Fall. What do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment